Royal Kona Luau
Located oceanfront at the Royal Kona Resort, the Royal Kona Luau is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in Hawaiian culture. Watch cultural demonstrations, savor a scrumptious luau buffet dinner and enjoy live Hawaiian entertainment – all in a scenic location overlooking Kailua Bay.
Upon arrival at the luau, you’ll be welcomed with a shell lei after which you can watch or participate in a hula lesson or island arts and crafts. Then witness the traditional imu ceremony, in which the kalua pua'a (roast pig) is removed from the earthen oven. It will then be time for one of the highlights of the evening, the all-you-care-to-eat buffet dinner featuring a wide variety of delicacies.
The evening culminates with a memorable Polynesian show – Voyagers of the Pacific – that tells the story of the ancient Polynesians who traveled thousands of miles across the Pacific to make Hawaii their home.
- Located oceanfront overlooking Kailua Bay
- Shell lei greeting
- Arts & crafts demonstrations & hula group lesson
- Imu ceremony to unearth the kalua pua'a (roast pig)
- All-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian luau buffet dinner
- Dynamic Polynesian revue with dance, song and live music
* Denotes Gluten Free Options
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island*, Papaya Seed*, Italian* or Ranch Dressing
- Green Salad*
- Three Bean Salad*
- Potato/Macaroni Salad*
- Cucumber Namasu*
- Tomato & Onion Ogo Salad
- Lomi Lomi Salmon*
- Kalua Pork*
- Chicken Luau*
- Baked Chicken with Honey Mango BBQ Sauce*
- Steamed Mahi Mahi with Soy Sauce & Sesame Oil
- Teriyaki Roast Beef
- White Rice*
- Okinawan Sweet Potato*
- Fresh Pineapple*
- Coconut Dinner Rolls
- Coconut Haupia (Pudding)*
- Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
From the Bar (included):
- Mai Tai
- Standard Well Drinks
- Domestic Beer
- Coffee and Tea
- Selection of Sodas
- Fruit Punch
Coconut Cake and Pineapple Upside Down Cake contain egg and dairy.
Thousand Island Dressing may have mayonnaise which contains egg.
Mac/Potato Salad has mayonnaise which contains egg.
Coconut Rolls contains egg and dairy.
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 4:45 pm.
Royal Kona Resort - Luau Gardens, Kailua-Kona, West Hawaii
- Operation Days:
- Operates Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Approximately 3 hours
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate.
Parking is $3.00.
- Royal Kona Luau