Island Breeze Luau
Situated on the historic grounds of King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel in the heart of Kailua-Kona, Island Breeze Luau invites you to experience a memorable Hawaiian celebration under the stars that includes a delicious buffet dinner and a Polynesian show.
Your evening begins with a lei greeting and is followed by a variety of cultural presentations that include island arts & crafts and the traditional imu ceremony, the uncovering of the imu (underground oven) to reveal the kalua roast pig. Then witness the arrival of the Royal Court aboard an outrigger canoe.
The luau activities are followed by a Hawaiian buffet dinner. On the menu are a variety of delicacies, including kalua pork, grilled beef and fresh island fish. After dinner, sit back, relax and enjoy "He 'Ohana Kakou," a spectacular revue featuring music and dances from across Polynesia.
Hanohano Upgrade: Includes expedited check-in, preferred seating at the front of the stage and first in the buffet line. This upgrade is paid at the door when you arrive, but must be chosen when placing your order. You will not be able to cancel the Hanohano portion at check-in.
- Situated on beautiful Kamakahonu Bay in Kailua-Kona
- Luau grounds are on King Kamehameha the Great's former estate
- Shell lei greeting
- Traditional arts & crafts
- Delicious all-you-can-eat luau buffet, plus an open bar
- Spectacular Polynesian show
Luau Buffet Menu (subject to change without notice):
- Lomi Salmon (Gluten Free)
- Kona-Style Poke, Relishes
- Kona Tomatoes
- Macaroni Salad
- Waimea Garden Greens & Legume Salad Vinaigrette
- Cucumber Namasu
- Banana Bread
- Tossed Salad (Gluten Free)
- Kalua Pua'a (Juicy Roast Pork)(Gluten Free)
- Long Grain Rice and Chicken
- Catch of the Day Tropicale
- Steamed White Rice(Gluten Free)
- Uala (Hawaiian Sweet Potato)
- Lau Lau, Kona Broil
- Papaya Pineapple Poi (Gluten Free)
- Cinnamon Spiced Bananas
- Pineapple Wedges
- Coconut Cake
- Haupia (Coconut Pudding) (Gluten Free)
- Kona Coffee
- Mai Tai
- Tropical Fruit Punch
- Standard Bar Service
Please note: Special request for a vegetarian,
gluten free, or celiac meal requires 24 hour notice. Option is subject
to change without notice.
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 5:00 pm. Festivities end at approximately 8:30 pm.
The Island Breeze Luau is held on the historic grounds of the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, which is located adjacent to the pier at Kailua Bay, on Palani Road in Kailua-Kona. View Map
The check-in desk is located in the Hawaiian Monarchy Room located across from the Courtyard Business Library and hotel parking lot entrance. Payment for upgraded Hanohano seating is made at this time.
Parking is available at King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel. Validation is given at the luau. Parking is $5.00 with validation.
Due to the Ironman triathlon October 10, 12 & 15, 2017, the Island Breeze Luau will be moved to the Sheraton Kona Resort. View Map
- Operation Days:
- Operates Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
- Approximately 3 hours
- Special Notes:
- Flower lei available for purchase upon arrival.
Infant pricing (children 4 and under) are provided their own seat and plate. Children 4 and under are required to pay for the Hanohano option.
- Island Breeze Luau